As reported here in other threads it seems that jmol-based 3-graphics
fails in FireFox under Windows XP. I am not sure if it is all
configurations anv versions or only some but I do have one laptop
running Windows XP and the most recent version of FireFox and this
still fails with the newest version of Sage on a remote server.  If
this is the same problem then I am quite sure it is not a virtual
machine problem.

It was my understanding that someone (the original jmol developer?)
was aware of and working on this problem. No?