Giselle Lobo and team are working on a plan to have a story-telling hour for kids at the Saligao institute. Age 4 to 10 years. Details will be put out shortly. I was told by Mrs Teresa D'Souza of Donvaddo that the first programme begins on September 1, evening. A welcome move to build interest among wider sections and make the Saligao Institute lively once again!

        Giselle and a whole lot of lady volunteers are working to
        rebuild the club library, with a magazine reading section as well.
        (At another level, Austin has also begin a reading/borrowing
        section near the supermarket, though I haven't been there yet.
        Could someone offer details pls?)

The other initiative isn't quite started yet, and is only an idea. In past years, Saligao used to take part in the Mando festival. With so much talent in the village, including of the musical kind, isn't it possible to have a troupe for this event which takes place every year? The next one should be a few months away. Just a thought...FN