Just to say:

* All issues are welcome on this list. Religion is not taboo either.
* Those who do not wish to support the Church repairs project are
under no compulsion to do so. Likewise, those who see it as a worthy
cause, are free to support it.
* I know that this issue is a priority for some of our villagers, and
we respect their sentiments.
* A. Isa and my neighbour Olanda Sequeira (David, Luke and Ruth's mum
who teaches at St Mary's) had passed on printed appeals over the
issue. To circulate the same over Saligaonet, we need the same in
plain-text format. Could someone who has the appeal please post it to
the list?

Just a clarification to reply to Dilip da Cruz. This list is
non-denominational and open to all. To me, it doesn't make sense to
block out religious issues ... but just be sensitive and discuss
things in a way that doesn't offend others.

Kevin, I'm no expert on this, but I don't think the State would fund
the maintenance of a church. The State has spent money on
illumination, but I think that's done on the rationale of promoting
tourism. FN

On 03/03/2008, dilip dacruz <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>  Is this web site affiliated to the church? Is there a special connection?
>  I wasn't aware there was one.
>  I look at this site as a secular, all-embracing site that cares about all
> aspects of saligao.
>  It is not a catholic-bound exclusive club....or is it?
>  And Leao, is the church our biggest heritage? Really? Where did that come
> from?
>  Whose scale and whose measure?
>
>
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>
> Hi All,
>
> I was under the impression that the Goa Government has a stake in preserving
> the structure as a heritage building.  After all, they went to great pains
> to install the high intensity illumination and it is one of their popular
> visual attractions to Goa.  Not sure if the huge illuminated image still
> graces the Bombay airport.
>
> Kevin
>
>
> On Mon, Mar 3, 2008 at 4:34 AM, ANNETTE D'SOUZA <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
>
>
> Calling all Saliganvkars,
>
> Well! Leao knows what is involved & would probably have some pictures of the
> Church - Rico & Ashley will get their part done eh? All other information is
> in the "Appeal"
>
> I'm sure this same "Appeal" has been distributed in Saligao & one of us
> could publish the same on Saligaonet. I have with me about 24 originals
> signed by relevant committee members. However I dont meet that many
> Saliganvkars here.
>
> Permission of Saligaonet "Fathers" sought to send the "Appeal" through this
> Net.
>
> Over & out!
>
> Annette
>
>
>  ________________________________
>  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: [email protected]
> Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 08:59:45 +0000
>
>
>
> Subject: RE: [SALIGAONET] pictures of the Saligao Church
>
>
> Hello everybody,
>
> I did some pictures when in Goa and it was bad enough.
>
> I think I have them, and will post them on the net.
>
> The funds are important, and the time even more, as if saligão doest not act
> fact, it will be deprived of its biggest heritage, and I am sure that will
> never again be able to recover it.
>
> And yes, It will be an awfull shame for our generation, and a shame we will
> carry untill we are in our graves.
>
> Please everybody help. I suggest that Anette, Ricoh, Napolean or the Saligão
> parish publish a detailed apeal with payment details on the saligão net.
>
>  Melhores Cumprimentos,
> Leão Fernandes.
> CLC- Companhia Logística de Combustíveis, sa
>
>
>
>  ________________________________
>  From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> On Behalf Of ANNETTE D'SOUZA
> Sent: segunda-feira, 3 de Março de 2008 6:18
> To: [email protected]
> Subject: RE: [SALIGAONET] pictures of the Saligao Church
>
>
>
> Hi SaligaoNetters
>
> Re above subject,  some of you around the world would have already received
> the Appeal for Funds that I have sent (not through SaligaoNet since one has
> to get permission for circulating such text on Saligaonet).
>
> Since I was in Saligao in January/February 2008, I attended the meeting
> meant for Saliganvkars so that they would be apprised of the situation with
> regard to the Church.  Sad to say, only 25-30 Saliganvkars attended that
> meeting.  Information given was exhaustive, questions were answered to a
> certain extent satisfactorily.  I was then asked to send the "Appeal" to
> Saliganvkars around the world & I have done that on a personal basis.  The
> "Appeal" is self-explanatory.
>
> The latest news (spoke to Fiona yesterday) is that the Parish Councillors &
> other Saliganvkars have already started collecting the funds from the
> various vaddos for which receipts are being produced also.
>
> Ashley/Rico,  pictures of the Church will not show how bad a state the
> Church is in.  I mean on the outside, we would just think it required a coat
> or two of paint & inside the Church - yes  painting, gilding whatever is to
> be done but at a later stage.  I can assure you that the main part that
> needs repair immediately & before the monsoons, is the roof. (Leao on this
> Net - from Portugal will vouch for that & others who are in Saligao would
> know better I guess). If we want our beautiful Church (internationally known
> because of its Gothic architecture etc. etc.) still standing, then we got to
> do things quickly.
>
>
> Have a nice day
> Annette
>
>
>
> > From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > To: [email protected]
> > Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 09:05:46 +0530
> > CC:
> > Subject: [SALIGAONET] pictures of the slaigao church
> >
> > Hi
> > can anyone click us pictures of the saligao church and upload them for
> > all to see? i hear its in a preety bad state right now for all to see
> > fred?
> > Ash
> > --
> > Ashley Says:-
> > A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
> windows.
> >
> > "Beth Shalom"
> > Abreovaddo, Saligao
> > Bardez, Goa. 403511
> > Ph: 24095444 / 9823118321

-- 
----------------------------------------------------------
Frederick 'FN' Noronha   | Ym/Gmailtalk: fredericknoronha
http://fn.goa-india.org     | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Independent Journalist   | +91(832)2409490 Cell 9970157402
----------------------------------------------------------
_______________________________________________
Saligao 403511 website http://saligao.goa-india.org
Saligaonet mailing list
[email protected]
http://lists.goacom.org/mailman/listinfo/saligaonet
  • [SALIGA... Ashley Delaney
    • RE... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
      • ... Leão Fernandes
        • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... Kevin Saldanha
            • ... dilip dacruz
              • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... Kevin Saldanha
                • ... Frederick Noronha [फ़र ेदरिक नोर ोनया]
                • ... dilip dacruz
                • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA
          • ... dilip dacruz
            • ... Albert Da Cruz
            • ... ANNETTE D'SOUZA

Reply via email to