"In this next decade, we’ll need to leverage peer-to-peer networks,
crypto-economics, blockchains, Open Source, Open Services, decentralization,
incentive-structure engineering, and so much more to ensure short-term safety
and the long-term flourishing of humanity.”  —Juan Benet

[This talk is sold out, but walk-ups always get in.  And the live stream
<https://longnow.org/membership/signin/?next=/live/> for Long Now members is
even better than the theater in some respects.]

"Long Term Infostructure," Juan Benet, SFJAZZ Center, Hayes Valley, San
Francisco, 7pm, TONIGHT, Monday August 6.  The show starts promptly at 7:30pm.

 •Tune into the live stream <http://longnow.org/live/> for Long Now Members at
7:30 PT - become a member <https://longnow.org/membership/> for just $8 a month.
Share this talk: Juan Benet, "Long Term Infostructure" Long Now talk on 8/6
https://goo.gl/AB123q <https://goo.gl/AB123q>

The next SALT talks are:
September 12 - Julia Galef, Soldiers and Scouts: Why our minds weren't built
for truth, and how we can change that
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02018/sep/12/soldiers-and-scouts-why-our-minds-werent-built-truth-and-how-we-can-change/>
October 29 - Mary Lou Jepsen, Toward Practical Telepathy
<http://longnow.org/seminars/02018/oct/29/toward-practical-telepathy/>

Tonight's event is one of a monthly series of Seminars About Long-term Thinking
(SALT) organized by The Long Now Foundation. Related links:
Schedule <http://longnow.org/seminars/> of future SALT talks
Free downloads <http://longnow.org/seminars/> of past talks
talks (and my summaries of the talks)
Podcast <http://longnow.org/seminars/podcast/> of the talks