>Other than the membrane, what other part's failure would herald the end of
>SAMs working life?

I'm on about my four-and-a-halfth power supply, and my second Sam. The
failure of my first Sam can be attributed mostly to the person who "fixed"
my power supply the first time, who said he knew what he was doing. In fact
he used the wrong sort of diode, so that particular Sam survived for about
a year with 27V on the 12V line!

That said, my current disk drive, ROM and RAM are all from the original
board... and Ian's current keyboard comes from that box as well. The SAM
seems quite sturdily built, really, unlike the SAM power supplies which
seem to blow up whenever I'm abaout to finish doing something important. I
made sure I've got two spares...

Andrew

--
+----------------+----------------ICQ:38645805-+ calls you foolish