> Mine still does that black & white thing, and I had it replaced once,
> back in the day. Should this worry me greatly?

No idea if it should.  If you don't mind pretending to be a hardware guru
then you might be interested in the following:

This information was given to me when I was having problems with mine, and
as such is around 9 years old, and my memory may be incorrect.  I take no
responsibilty for any damage to your sam or anything else resulting from
trying it ;-)

Just behind the connector for the left hand disk drive is a yellow brass
variable capacitor.  If you adjust this with an ickle phillips screwdriver,
it may fix your problem.

That's copied out of my notebook from the time (told to me over the phone by
someone at PBT).

This occasionally worked for me (but since it was an IC problem, sometimes
didn't).

HTH,
    Tim