From: "Robert van der Veeke" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> HTML was doing fairly well until Microsoft and Netscape screwed it up -
> as soon as you get commercial interest, you get splits in the standard.
> Netscape added some screwey frames support, and Microsoft added
> scrolling text and fonts.

We also added XML, XSL and CSS.

To be completely accurate, we invented them and gave them to the W3C as an open spec.

So, please, don't lump us in with the Other Browser. At least we've publicly apologized for the MARQUEE tag. Netscape haven't for BLINK, CENTER, LAYER, etc etc etc. They have a bastardized version of java in their VM - even much more so than MS's JVM (which is only missing RMI); at least we didn't change the semantics of how the core packages work! They have JavaScript, which is a bastardized version of ECMAScript that they won't fix.

Sheesh

Si (Not speaking for MS)