On Thu, 27 May 1999, Thomas Harte wrote:

>       Tried any mozilla milestones? They are surprisingly good. Significantly
>more memory friendly that Netscape 4.5. Looks like 5.0 will be a quite
>good piece of work.

Yes, but gecko has to use HTML 4, and other bloated standards. It'd be
better if people just used a new markup language, which works. HTML 4 is
not exactly easy to write with a text editor, as far as I can see. I
took one look at W3C's documentation and gave up.

All the editors that do exist are awful. Netscape's editor removes </p>
tags, so if you've got an <hr> between paragraphs, the space before the
line is removed - even on Communicator.
--
Stuart Brady