From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Andrew Collier
Sent: Tuesday, March 07, 2000 17:02
To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
Subject: Re: SAM Community iss 2

On Tue, 7 Mar 2000, David L wrote:

> Just a quick bit of praise for Gavin...
>     BLOODY FANTASTIC!!!!
> Hope that's enough ;)

I agree completely. In fact, I'll be sending my 5UKP just as soon as I've
completed the coding challenge in one line of Basic... Now I just have to
find a sensible way to edit a single BASIC line which will probably end up
close to filling a MODE3 text screen; arrgh, KEYIN only handles strings up
to about 512bytes!

OTOH I can probably hack about with the program format and merge adjacent
lines together, anybody done that sort of thing before? (I know about
correcting the line lengths at the start of each line, is there a "Program
End" sysvar I need to watch out for too?)

Andrew

--
 --  Andrew Collier  ([EMAIL PROTECTED])  --        My other
  --      http://mnemotech.ucam.org      --       .sig is a