Andy

Gavin Smith <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

25/11/2004 21:59
Please respond to sam-users

        To:        sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
        cc:
        Subject:        Domain name - voting ends Fri night!

Just a reminder that I'd like to get the domain name for our archive sorted out
tomorrow night so if anyone hasn't voiced their opinion, can you do so ASAP? In
an attempt to avert a stand-off similar to Ukraine's, I've listed the votes so
far below - if I've got any wrong, can you let me know by tomorrow evening,
thanks!

IMHO, the SAM isn't a Spectrum and we therefore shouldn't be copying a Speccy
site ;) We should proudly have its full name in the domain name of a site that
is intending to archive all the software (and thus our memories) of the
machine. To me, samcoupe.org sounds great - we didn't demand a new name for
SimCoupe in case people got confused between SAM Coupe and SimCoupe, did we? ;)
Each to their own though, majority rules, so speak your mind while you have the
chance! :)

worldofsam.org
Andrew Collier
Geoff Winkless
Ian Spencer
Matthew Craven
Simon Owen
Wolfgang Haller

samcoupe.org
Calvin Allett
Dan Doore
Frans van Egmond
Gavin Smith
Johnna Teare

samcommunity.org
Adrian Brown
Colin Piggot

This message is confidential. It may not be disclosed to, or
used by, anyone other than the addressee, without the consent
of the sender. If you receive this message in error, please
advise the sender immediately.

A list of trustees and directors of Macmillan Cancer Relief is available for inspection
at our registered office, 89 Albert Embankment, London, SE1 7UQ

Registered Charity number 261017 Isle Of Man Charity number 604A A company
limited by guarantee Registered in England number 2400969.