--- Dan Dooré <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Calvin Allett wrote:
> > What are the most important disks which you
> remember
> > which are missing?
>
> I think most stuff is now up on NVG apart from
> these:

I have a list somewhere on real SAM Coupe disk from
Pat Spencer, who used to trade a lot (and whom I
expect everyone here used to know :) ) I can`t
remember a lot of the names of certain more obscure
disk mags and other software, but I`m sure there`s a
good fifth perhaps of early SAM software missing. it
was nice to see Metempsychosis stuff up on there
finally.

I`ll try to find it, but have imaged most of my disks
and haven`t found it yet, also it might be interesting
to check the SCPDSA catalogues from the early days to
see how things correspond?

I`ve still got my copies which given a month or two I
could hunt out if they would be useful...

> "These are the files that could not be unpacked as
> part of the achive re-org
> project.
>
> There are stored here as DSK files with the
> offending code inside, if
> you have
> a copy of these then please upload a DSK version to
> /pub/sam-coupe/incoming.
>          ,
> Dan Doore 04/01/05
>

> Files and original locations in the tree
>
> ./adult/net_23.TDO - cannot read TDO file
> ./disks/misc/treaty - cannot unpack
> ./disks/music/etracker/modules/MikeAJTrackerModules
> 1 and 2 - cannot unpack
> ./disks/music/etracker/etrackerdemo - cannot unpack
> ./disks/utils/disk/old/lib30a - cannot unpack
> ./disks/utils/disk/lib30b - cannot unpack
> ./disks/utils/Prntfx - cannot unpack
> ./disks/utils/TIFF LCB - cannot unpack
> ./disks/utils/terminal-emulation/commix - cannot
> unpack
> "
>
> There was a stack of stuff by Daton that isn't up
> but I can't remember a
> lot else.

It`s mainly stuff from Ron Stirling which I`m after at
the mo - he had a very nice (at the time) ceefaxt type
menu system on one disk (Review? perhaps, don`t know
how many issues he pulled off), but as you say, from
memory it is hard to remember :)

edit:  Oops, and sorry I don`t have have of the above
but surely that treaty is David Gommerons little
demo/game? which could be resolved from FRED etc?

probs wrong, again !

> > There seems to be some disk magazines missing,
> plus
> > there was some Australian software for SAM
> distributed
> > over here in 93-95 that seems to be not preserved,
>
> ColonySoft?

That`s the one :) couldn`t remember the name

> > I can only say that someone from Scotland who`s
> name I
> > forget (Derek something ?) seemewd to be
> organising it
> > as Shareware...
>
> Derek Morgan - Sam PD?

I think that`s the name, I know he managed to get
either GAC or PAW onto SAM, or at least to get
permission from author around 93/94

If that tallies with the name then that`s the dude...
I tried emailing him multiple times last year with no
reply, due to him buying distribution rights from me
for BitaByte issues 1-5 plus more or less anything I
ever wrote... major :(   ...

I`d be very pleased if I could get in contact with him
if you know or anybody knows his current email. (he
was running a small dance studio in Scotland a few
years ago, if indeed the name is right)

> > SCPSDU etc, ...
>
> Justin Ash?

Bingo

> Dan.

 Cheers for help Dan..

Cal *_+

Yahoo! Model Search 2005 - Find the next catwalk superstars -
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/hot/model-search/