On Sat, 12 Nov 2005 15:15:28 +0000 (GMT), david <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>--- Calvin Allett <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

>> I think that`s the name, I know he managed to get
>> either GAC or PAW onto SAM, or at least to get
>> permission from author around 93/94
>>

>I think that was in part down to Dave Whitmore ... (in
>fact - I think the principle for the PAW conversion
>was based on a chat I had with him during an
>All-Formats show when I was getting very carried away
>with ideas.... that happens sometimes :))

That's true and I remember that conversation in Birmingham. It was to
do with PAW, and eventually Nigel Kettlewell made a Quill converter.
The PAW ones were routines to drop into speccy BASIC (extern), and
then into SAM BASIC (with Steve Nutting's altered Speccy ROM) to do
stuff like game saves or full screen graphics between locations, etc.
The best ever PAW conversion by Martijn came out a while later.

I think there must be a few crossed wires about Derek Morgan. He lives
in Skelmersdale, Lancs, and he had a PD library and F9 Software. I've
yet to see Derek on the net. If he did eventually get connected then
he mustn't be able to find us. That's surprising really because he was
quite keen on using Cookie's comms program on SAM with his modem for
BBSs in the mid 1990s. I got the old Dalmation BBS running a few weeks
ago under Amiga emulation (I'd kept it on a CD). It was like finding a
time capsule. :)

Dave W