Probably some copies of Fred

Obviously this leaves a whole bunch of massive holes in what I can show; is anybody able to loan copies of Prince of Persia, Lemmings, Defender and anything else particularly worth showing?

Incidentally: the latest on my 3d code is that it's relatively close now to just being neat library code. So if you're an assembly coder, you'll be able to download it, read a couple of pages of documentation and get on with writing a game or whatever. Future internal fixes and improvements should benefit any projects built against it but not require them to be changed or to have any real knowledge of the internals, like all the best libraries. Hopefully some sort of BASIC- or-similar language for utilising the code will be forthcoming after that.

On 23 Sep 2008, at 22:38, David Brant wrote:

----- Original Message ----- From: "Thomas Harte" <[EMAIL PROTECTED] >
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 9:40 PM
Subject: New projects & Byte-Back 2009

Through an uninteresting, indirect route, it seems likely that I'll be attending and supplying a Sam for the homebrew area of Byte-Back 2009 (http://byte-back.info/ ), one of those classic gaming convention thingies, which will occur in Stoke-on-Trent on March the 7th and 8th next year. Consequential questions:

1) Will anybody else be in attendance?

Not likely unless I move house. Its a bit too far

2) Is anybody willing and able to transfer some of my Sam programs to actual Sam floppy in preparation for the event? I guess I'll want to take all of my current 3d stuff and maybe another thing that I've just started messing around with.

Yes no problem.

3) Does anybody else have anything I can take along? Obviously the tag 'homebrew' doesn't mean that much in the Sam world, but in the context of all the information available I'm interpreting it just to mean new stuff for old hardware.

I'm working on program at the moment, so may have something by then.