Yes it was December, I remember having to go to the customs office here in Germany to pay the customs duty and collect mine and was pleased to have it in time for Christmas....but no disks and after hours and hours of loading and reloading the demo tape I was tearing my hair out. But it was still the greatest machine I had ever owned (once I got that tape loaded).

Ian

----- Original Message ----- From: "Wayne Weedon" <wa...@fdos-design.com>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Sunday, August 02, 2009 1:10 PM
Subject: Re: SAM's 20th Birthday

Chris Pile wrote:
Hi folks...

There was a thread a while ago mentioning the SAM's 20th birthday. When exactly is
the 20th anniversary of the machine?

Hiya Chris

If it was December then we certainly got ours fairly early? I do recall having to collect mine from the couriers Southampton depot on a very rainy Christmas Eve as I was still at work when they'd tried to deliver. There was no way I was going to leave it there over the holiday was there!

Hope you're well anyway!

Wayne....