I really should find the time to finish off the documentation and get
it out there. I still have the vague notion of attaching or creating a
high level language for the game logic parts that aren't so time
critical, but don't intend to treat the issue as a sticking point. I
really, really need to finish off the documentation.

For Roger, and generally: it's Mode 4 but a traditional Bresenham
rasteriser makes anti-aliasing difficult to achieve without switching
to a slower algorithm. Models are described as vertices (seven bytes
each), faces (ten bytes each) and edges (thirteen bytes each). Then
there's twelve bytes to complete the model by tying the faces, edges
and vertices together and for each instance of the model another
eighteen bytes of positioning and rotation stuff. It's all still
Eulers at the minute, though it all turns into matrices lower down so
that wouldn't be too hard to replace.

There was a late-stage 'optimisation' to do with objects that are
mirrored across the x axis, which saves space and processing time for
those. In retrospect I'm not sure it was that good an idea as the time
saving may not be justified by the complexity.

Per the Sam's paging scheme things are all a bit complicated, but per
the standard design, models go on the same page as the internal lib3d
code. From memory, that makes 15 or 20kb space for models. The Cobra
Mk3 occupies 698 bytes, the cube 246 bytes, the Adder 524 bytes.