----- Original Message ----- From: "Colin Piggot" <qua...@clara.net>
To: <sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no>
Sent: Saturday, March 26, 2011 12:48 AM
Subject: Re: keyboard membrane replacement

ellvis wrote:
I just wanted to ask if anyone have bought new membrane for Sam from
Rwap. If yes, what is your experience?

I bought two of them. But none is working properly. I have to press
keys hard and few times to get them work. Keys "F" and "J" doesn't work
at all. I took care there are not any "waves" as the holes for plastic
pins are tight, I tried to assemble it few times - always did it very
carefully. But the results are still the same.

I will try ore or two times more, but right now I am pretty
dissapointed by it's quality.

After seeing ellvis's post, I've squeezed in the time this evening to try the membrane that I had bought from Rwap...

I tested it on two SAMs and in two keyboard assemblies... to sum it up, to my dissapointment it's next to useless. Pressing every key on the keyboard only a couple responded... and even those keys didn't always respond.

Time to try and get my money back....

Colin
=====

Yes, my membrane from RWAP also work incorrect. But theoretically exist very easy way for fix this "bug". ( Replace pull-up resistors on SAM COUPE... it's not tested, but can help )

VELESOFT