Spent a bit more time on this today, and a few emails to Rwap...

Warren wrote:
No worries! ;-) I'd have probably seen them on ebay anyway, and tried one, given the problems I've had in the past with my membrane.

Pity the guy making them, didn't produce a test one first and at least contact somebody with a SAM to try it.

I've done more testing, the new membrane does seem to have some issues with regards to the actuation force - take it out the SAM keyboard assembly and it works, but when fitted in the keyboard unless you batter the keys it doesn't register. Also, I have also noticed holding the new membrane against an old one is that when I line up the circular contact pads at one edge I can then see at the far end of the new membrane the contacts are out by about 2mm horizontally, that will also add further problems to the actuation of them.

The membrane I have is now packaged up to get sent off for a refund....

Colin
=====
Quazar : Hardware, Software, Spares and Repairs for the SAM Coupé
1995-2011 - Celebrating 17 Years of developing for the SAM Coupé
Website: http://www.samcoupe.com/