Hi Si,

In a word...  Wow!  I hadn't realised there was such a performance hit using JP
over JR!
A 24T JP is painful!  I've always used JP - assuming (naively) that it was
faster based on
Z80 T-state lists.

So all these years I've been crippling my code with JPs when I should have used
JRs!  Doh!
Still, it's only taken me 21-years to realise this!  I've always been a bit on
the slow side!

In short, then, I guess I should ignore what Zaks is telling me regarding
T-states and simply
try to use single/double byte instructions wherever and whenever possible?

Thanks for the info Si.  It's quite an eye opener!

Chris...