Hi Si,

Yep - clear as mud!  :-)

Seriously, many thanks for the explanation - even my hardware-limited brain
managed
to understand all that!  I take my hat off to hardware designers, it's
certainly a black art!

I've always tried to keep as much as I can in registers, so I've always been on
the right
tracks - even if I'm always pretty close to derailing!  As for IX and IY -
useful though
they are - they've always been dogs even using official Z80 timings.  So I've
always tried
to avoid using them in anything remotely time-critical.  A potential 48Ts...
Ouch!

As for using SimCoupe's built in debugger - I certainly do!  It's a very useful
feature.  :-)

Thanks again,
Chris...