  From: Leszek Chmielewski
  To: sam-users@nvg.ntnu.no
  Sent: Tuesday, October 04, 2011 11:11 AM
  Subject: Re: Resistor R55

My SAM has no BRIGHT too. There was a shortcut between Composite and +12V, so the MC1377P was burned out (Just got a replacement by desoldering a Atari Mega STE), I lost BRIGHT too as the ASIC was toasted a little too. After replacing it with ASIC from my spare SAM the BRIGHT is back again. It is time to design a replacement ASIC. Velesoft is working on one since years, but he is too ambitious: 4096 Colours, Hardware sprites and scrolling...

  LCD

Hi. My project is SAM COUPE clone (but no ASIC replacement). First prototype will based on big CPLD + fast Z80cpu + big sram + saa1099 sound chip.

Here is components for first SAM clone:
http://velesoft.speccy.cz/other/ula-xc95288xl.jpg

http://velesoft.speccy.cz/IMGP3176.JPG

http://velesoft.speccy.cz/IMGP3178.JPG

Priorities:
- compatibility with SAM COUPE
- more colours (minimal 256 colors palette)
- faster CPU
- possibility run at full speed 6MHz in all graphic modes (not contended memory)
- better compatibility with ZX Spectrum (ZX mode can work as ZX128)
- big ram + big rom
- internal peripherals...

Actuallly I must finish ZX projects: K-MOUSE 2011, complette RGB>VGA convertor, ULA1 clone (zx clone based on old russian chil ULA1). After it I can continue on SAM projects...

VELESOFT