Given that, at least going from my memory, there was space to spare in the
original ZX Spectrum ROM, the flashing cursor in Spectrum BASIC could have
quite easily been implemented with interrupts and each character square
could have had complete freedom to pick any two of sixteen colours.

But what do they say about hindsight?

--
James R Curry
8...@itdoesntsuck.com