-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of SC-L Subscriber Dave
Aronson
Sent: Tuesday, July 18, 2006 7:53 AM
To: SC-L@securecoding.org
Subject: [SC-L] bumper sticker slogan for secure software

Paolo Perego [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

 > "Software is like Titanic, pleople claim it was unsinkable. Securing
is  > providing it power steering"

But power steering wouldn't have saved it.  By the time the iceberg was
spotted, there was not enough time to turn that large a boat.  Perhaps
radar, but that doesn't make a very good analogy.  Maybe a thicker
tougher hull and automatic compartment doors?

-Dave