From: sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org [sc-l-boun...@securecoding.org] On Behalf
Of Brad Andrews [andr...@rbacomm.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:23 PM
To: sc-l@securecoding.org
Subject: Re: [SC-L] Where Does Secure Coding Belong In the Curriculum?

I had proofs in junior high Geometry too, though I do not recall using
them outside that class.  I went all the way through differential
equations, matrix algebra and probability/statistics and I don't
recall much focus on proofs.  This was in the early 1980s in a good
school (Illinois), so it wasn't just modern teaching methods that were
too blame.  I am not sure that the proofs were all that useful for
understanding some things either, though the logic they taught has
value that I missed a bit of since I did hit some modern techniques.

--

Brad Andrews
RBA Communications