I'm a bit confused as to how to control the Elastic IP's w/in Scalr.

I want to be able to assign a specific IP address I already have from
AWS to a specific instance. Ideally to a group of IP addresses to a
specific role.

When I use the "Associate Elastic IP" drop down option from the
instance view screen, I am lead to the "Assign options" screen.

>From here I select "Assign already allocated elastic IP:" and the drop
down shows only one elastic ip address. It is the only one with the
"Not used by Scalr " label. So makes sense.

When I goto the "Elastic IPs - Manage" screen, I see all my elastic
IP's, but most are assigned to roles. Only a few of these are assigned
to specific instances.

I have the option to "release" these IP's from the "options" drop
down, but not sure what this actually does.

Can someone give an overview of best practices w/in Scalr for this?

If I understand what is going on under the hood, better I think I'll
be able to use them more effectively w/in Scalr.

Thanks



--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to