> So based on this, I am assuming that Scalr does the following:
> - has its own meta data about ip addresses that "map" roles to ip
> addresses.

Scalr does maintain a local map  of objects and relations between
them.  As it  was said in this group already, you're not supposed  to
make any EC2 changes on objects created with scalr, otherwise  it
goes  out of sync.

We're working on syncronization implementation.
for an ip address that matches the instance role.
>
> If this is true, I guess the request for feature would be:
> - to be able to change the role assigned to an elastic-ip
> - to be able to disassociate an ip address from a role.
>
> Question:
> - if I manually assign the e-ip like above, what will happen if that
> instance goes down and scalr brings up a new instance? will it get the
> orphaned ip? I'm guessing not since it was assigned outside of the
> scalr system...
--~--~---------~--~----~------------~-------~--~----~
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"scalr-discuss" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected]
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected]
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/scalr-discuss?hl=en
-~----------~----~----~----~------~----~------~--~---

Reply via email to