> But if a user thinks that the board icons are actual commands it will not
click themwithout knowing the possible effects.Can this be the problem?

It was for at least three users. A tool tip would be cool.

> I thought pgnscid was too dangerous. Importing pgn files can be slow and
if the process was interrupted with ctrl+c or closing the terminal window
the si4 database would be damaged. Please try using the GUI to import
multiple pgn files and let me know if the script was useful for other use
cases.

If the script does not contain the same security check as the GUI, it's a
big problem in my opinion.

Could it be released as a stand-alone script to be used from the command
line?