Hi.  I'm new to Scid (tried it years ago, checked it out again recently and
was very impressed by how far it has come).

First, I would like to put forth a request for what I think is a simple,
but valuable, addition.  When annotating games, there is only the option to
add a comment after a move, but not option to add a comment before a move.
Most excellent annotations utilize both types of annotations.  It makes it
much more readable and increases the flexibility for the annotator.
Currently, the only place I've seen that one can do this is in ChessBase.
I would much prefer to do my annotating in Scid, but this feature is sorely
missed when I try to do it.

Second, I maintain a website with lots of custom graphics for various chess
GUIs.  I am going to create a Scid section so that users can find
customized pieces and board textures to install in Scid either by an
instruction file telling where to place files or a setup program that
installs the files to the correct place automatically.  My offer is that
any of the graphics on my website can be included in the program natively
if desired.  I will try to make a note of which graphics are completely
free, license-wise, so there are is no issue there.  There are already a
lot of graphics there in formats compatible with other programs, so if
anyone wants to go ahead and use them by converting, feel free, but I will
be converting to a format compatible with Scid in the coming days.

The website is http://gorgonian.weebly.com

Thanks!