I always enter my OTB games into SvP, and often I even enter a lot of games
by other players in the club. Sometimes I make errors during the process;
Maybe I move the wrong piece, maybe I move it to the wrong square, I make a
mouseslip, or maybe a score sheet is incorrect or just bloody hard to read
so I need to make educated guesses as to what the player played. But for
whatever reason, I make the wrong move in SvP, and I do not discover it
until further into the game, when move 40 is not legal on the board because
I made some stupid mistake on move 15. In these cases I need to out why
move 40 is not legal, and backtrack until I find out where I made a
mistake. So far so good.

But when I figure out where I went wrong, and I correct the move, all
subsequent moves are then lost. Would it be possible to have an option in
SvP that allows you to replace that single move, but still keep all
subsequent moves? Providing the remaining moves are still legal, of course.

My current process in these cases is to export the incorrect game as PGN,
open it in Notepad, correct the offending move, and then import the
corrected PGN back into SCID. Or, just discard the moves and enter them all
again, depending on how many moves I need to redo.

--
-- Mvh/br Morten