From: Steve A
Sent: 11 June 2021 13:56
To: scidvspc-users
Subject: [Scidvspc-users] Scid vs PC 4.22

Ok, the new release candidates / files are up at sourceforge.

It's not a big release... more a catch-up on more than a year's minor changes.

Thanks to contributors :)

Steven

Changelog: Scid vs. PC 4.22

  • Show Stockfish Win/Draw/Loss (as White/Draw/Black) infos in information window.
  • Add an 'Extra Tags' field to the header search (eg 'Annotator').
  • Revamp colours and size of the Comment Editor.
  • New 'Highlight' colour option (affects crosstable, reports, pgn moves and name-editor).
  • Animate the Rook in Castling. (author Uwe - Nice).
  • Engine analysis: option to wrap long lines.
  • Engine annotation: option to disable adding an end-of-game variation.
  • Playing an opening against an UCI engine - openings can be imported from the ECO Window.
  • Improve the tree training feature by automatically enabling Trial mode.
  • Minor tweaks to the spacing in long comments in the PGN and Gameinfo windows..
  • Export Games: add option to disable inserting newlines every 80 chars or so.
  • Serious game: When using book, leave a comment when book is exited / exhausted.
  • Add an undo point at the start of every annotation game.
  • Add a Switcher menu item to show/hide the gamelist buttonbar.
  • Update Player Data (spelling) file.
  • Help and translation updates.
  • Book tuning tweaks.
  • Graph window tweaks.
  • ECO window tweaks.

    Bug Fixes
  • The Gamelist 'next moves' feature didn't work for transpositions at differing depths.
  • Remember arrow lengths/widths.
  • Batch stripping comments/vars could sometimes break the namebase.
  • Fix / enable hiding of 'Colored Squares and Arrows' on the main board.
  • Windows drag and drop typo/fix from Oz.