I fully concur -- a clear statement of a concern about the source and any authentication/pay-walls limiting access to that source. I assume that the official rebuilders other than SL have paid the necessary fees to download the real, actual, production IBM RH EL buildable source as referenced below, currently at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__access.redhat.com_downloads_&d=DwICaQ&c=gRgGjJ3BkIsb5y6s49QqsA&r=gd8BzeSQcySVxr0gDWSEbN-P-pgDXkdyCtaMqdCgPPdW1cyL5RIpaIYrCn8C5x2A&m=j7mNaMr3RpyEdYeH8As2iHvK3COgKfyQyUEjt2ii5IY&s=p3k8zDAgC2P7lVIg-CwRQDgEYcVE4tshZ2NTxmm8ZDM&e=
  .

I do not have access -- but I assume that both Rocky and AlmaLinux have purchased the necessary access license. I have not attempted to get a "dev" IBM RH license that supposedly is at no cost -- has anyone done so and down a full buildable source download? Does this also access the update buildable source for the installable "binary" updates provided by IBM RH EL for the licensees?