No Doctor Who? No Blake's 7? No Tripods? No Tomorrow Children? I think that
qualifies as child abuse. Well, hope you enjoy this, and I'm privately hoping
that SciFi wises up and picks up a bit more of the earlier Doctors, esp.
Sylvester McCoy. He could've taught Wonder Boy Rove a thing or three about
manipulating the masses to get what he wanted.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
  Believe it or don't, I never watched the famed "Dr. Who" from back in the
day. I saw Tom Baker (?), watched a few minutes of some shows, but never got
into it. What can I say? I was a goofy kid who was too focused on Star Trek,
Lost in Space, Land of the Giants, etc. The only British fare I was hooked on
was Monty Python. Never saw *any* of the Brit sci fi shows.

But now's my chance! The highly anticipated and highly praised revival of Dr.
Who (from 2005), premieres tomorrow night on Sci Fi Channel. I'm hearing rave
reviews about it. I hear fully 44% of all British households tuned in for the
premiere last year! I hear the new Doctor is decidedly different, but liked. I
believe I saw the actor play a military leader in "28 Days Later"?

******************

The Time Lord enters a new age.

Christopher Eccleston's Doctor is wise, funny and brave, an adventurer in time
and space. His detached logic gives him a vital edge when the world's in
danger. But when it comes to human relationships, he can be found wanting.
That's why he needs Rose.

Rose Tyler is a shop-girl from the present day, trapped in a dull existence.
From the moment she and the Doctor meet, they are soulmates; they understand
and complement each other. With nothing to hold Rose back — neither her
over-bearing mum nor her hapless boyfriend — she chooses to devote herself to
the Doctor and his promise of fantastic adventures across the universe. And he
doesn't let her down….

At the 2005 National Television Awards, voted for by the British public, Doctor
Who scooped three of the top prizes: Most Popular Drama, Most Popular Actor
(Christopher Eccleston) and Most Popular Actress (Billie Piper).

So don't delay — hop into the Tardis and get ready for the adventure of a
lifetime (or two or three or 12…)

"Excuse me while I whip this out."
                    Cleavon Little , "Blazing Saddles"