Does Sisko not come back permanently? I mean, if he's going to be jumping 
through time on his chronal duties, he could still use his home as base. After 
all, given that he can control time, Sisko could leave for "work" at 8 am local 
Bajoran time, spend months on a mission, and be back at 8:01 am local time. Why 
does a man for whom time is a non-linear fluid thing have to be gone for 
relative months in human reckoning?

Why is this book not part of canon?

-------------- Original message -------------- 
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] 

In a message dated 2/15/07 7:10:38 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: Sorry, I still get steamed at how 
> Sisko has been done. I hated the whole thing with him running off through 
> time to learn his duty as one of the Prophets. he basically abandoned his 
> wife 
> an child. I rarely read Star Trek books, but my brother gave me a two book 
> series dealing with the time after the end of DS9. Ro Laren is part of it, 
> and 
> I believe becomes a part of the DS9 crew. At any rate, Cassidy Yates is 
> nearing the end of her pregnancy, and still no Sisko. She spends all her time 
> missing him, hoping for the time he will return to her. I just don't like the 
> angle. I don't know if whomever's entrusted with writing the Trek legacy has 
> resolved the Sisko storyline or not...
> 

As someone who is just as peeved at his TV send off (and his lack of use 
afterwards). Sisko does return with a vengence in Unity, the only hardbond DS9 
book. However he does not return as a captain. And since the novels are 
ensentually non-cannon it doesn't matter as much.

-GTW

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]


 

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Reply via email to