I have not met her personally, so maybe they were giving her DARK makeup and
lighting in the beginning...but she seems to have gotten lighter between the
miniseries and last season. It looked like once she got with Lee she got
three shades lighter. I only notice because she's really the only Black face
IN the show every week.