So ideally, we¹re talking about having Sidney Poitier and Angela Basset as
Admirals...Cassandra Freeman as Uhura...I take it Pam Grier is the original
voice of the computer...who¹s doing the score, Isaac Hayes or Quincy Jones?

I¹m trying  to  remain optimistic about 11, but I read recently that they¹ve
cast Chekov. This would make 2 movies where they ignore TOS completely, and
act like Chekov has been down since Spock became first officer. ³Wrath of
Khan² was embarrassing because Khan claims to remember Pavel, when dude
wasn¹t even on board at the time Kirk sent him to Seti Alpha 5. It looks
like Trek 11 is being told from the perspective of a Spock flashback, which
is interesting, but Spock was on Enterprise before Kirk -- before a LOT of
the cats we know to be crewmembers, even. And he was not Pike¹s Number One.
He wasn¹t even KIRK¹s original Number One. This movie could turn out to  be
the biggest  mess since --  ³Lost² season 4.