amen!

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I see and hear what you're saying, Keith. And, if he's worried about finding a
marketable Black female lead, someone should mention to him that he's *married*
to one...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: i know it seems i'm picking on Smith, but after all
this time, how much more profit does he need to take some risks? So many actors
and actresses, once they've reached a certain level, start doing the
alternation bit: make a crowd-pleasure for dough, then make a film for the love
of the craft and an intelligent script. Robert Redford's been doing that for
years. He'd make something like "Sneakers" or "Indecent Proposal" in order to
fund "Quiz Show" or "Milagro Beanfield War". Smith has been pulling twenty plus
million a picture for several years now. Surely he can test the waters and do
something as revolutionary as make a love story with a black woman....

From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Consider this. Maybe his agenda is purely profits. If that is the
case, I seriously doubt if he would touch Black on Black romance. I
honestly can not tell what his agenda is.

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> yeah, yeah! :(

> From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> <mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com>>
> It does look good. I like Berg and the rest of the cast.. Keith will
> be disappointed, but not surprised. I still say if Black or Black
> romantic comedies are part of Smith's agenda, he is not going to risk
> that on a blockbuster.
>
> Justin Mohareb wrote:
> >
> > Has anyone heard anything about Hancock?
> >
> > His first Superhero flick.
> >
> > http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/>
> > <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/
> <http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0448157/>>
> >
> > http://gamera-spinning.livejournal.com/1455030.html
> <http://gamera-spinning.livejournal.com/1455030.html>
> > <http://gamera-spinning.livejournal.com/1455030.html
> <http://gamera-spinning.livejournal.com/1455030.html>>
> >
> > Looks cute. He DOES have a relationship w ith a white woman, so I
> > dunno how well that'll go over.
> >
> > JJ Mohareb
> >
> > --
> > Read the Bitter Guide to the Bitter Guy.
> > http://thebitterguy.livejournal.com
> <http://thebitterguy.livejournal.com>
> <http://thebitterguy.livejournal.com
> <http://thebitterguy.livejournal.com>>

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"