sterilize imperfection!" What if he'd gone "boom!" right there on the pad?!

From: Astromancer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
I've always wondered...Why didn't NOMAD blow up the moment he had discovered
his error? oh yeah, it was in the script...

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote: How about, Kirk saving the day by outsmarting a super
computer, causing it to self-destruct in self-loathing and unreconcilable
programming loops? He did that with M5 ("How will you atone for the sin of
murder"..."This computer must die..."), Nomad ("Nomad, you've made three
errors, you are flawed. Execute your prime directive". "Boom!") and Landru
("You are not protecting the Body!".... "Landru! Help me! Boom!")
From: "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> During our discussion about over the top with bad plot block busters, we
> started talking about over the worse saves in speculative fiction
> movies. So far two were raised. They are:
>
> 1. "Data putting the freakin' Borg *to sleep* to save the day in Star
> Trek Next Generation
>
> 2. How Jeff Goldblum was able to with "his Mac laptop and a few hours of
> virus coding couldn't topple the computer system of a technologically
> superior society of interstellar conquerors on the first try in
> Independence Day"
>
> Got any others....

"Akin, but no matter what you think, I am concerned for your life, so I’ll only
say this once; if you talk too much or ask too many questions, you might say
something that interests the Community, and you really, really don’t want to
get them interested." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to: