My fifteen year-old daughter refuses to watch movies on anything but
the iMac in my office.  The digital clarity is amazing and it is a
much more intimate experience (especially with the lights out).

I remember sitting in my high-backed, wide bottomed leather office
chair a couple of years ago watching Denzel Washington's directorial
debut on the i-Mac with my daughter on my lap and a son on either
side of me.  Man, that was good viewing.

~rave!

--- In scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com, Daryle <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I¹m going to say something that will probably have my US citizenship
> revoked.
>
> I have a Vizio brand 52 inch LCD HDTV big screen TV, and I hardly
watch it.
> In fact, I think if I got rid of it, and I¹d be pretty happy. I love
> watching games and an occasional movie on it ...but you know what I
like
> even more? I have an iMac in my office since I think 2004. I LOVE
watching
> movies and TV shows on my computer. When I settled in to watch
Sliders
> season 1 (which is still $20 at Wal Mart, btw) -- iMac.
Transformers on DVD?
> iMac. When I watched the LOTR DVDs it was on a much  smaller TV in
my
> office. I enjoy watching that smaller TV with my son because we
have our own
> chairs to sit in and get comfortable. And he¹s 4, so it¹s not
really  about
> what¹s on screen, it¹s the time we¹re spending together. We could be
> listening to  radio  serials and it would have the same effect. I
am waiting
> for the RE-remastered TOS episodes to go to iTunes because I will
download
> them all and watch them at the end of the day. I watch more TV on my
> computer than I do on the screen. When I¹m on the road I watch DVDs
on my
> laptop, and if Apple steps up their anime game...iPhone. My iTunes
library
> is pretty big, I listen to more music and podcasts than I watch
network TV.
> IN fact, if it  weren¹t for TCM and football, I would only watch
like 3
> hours of programmed TV a week. I know I can get  most  of the
movies I like
> on TCM from GreenCine or Netflix. I have been thinking about
getting Setanta
> Sports. If I could get it so that I could watch EPL games on my
iMac or
> laptop...I would really have no reason to watch a large screen TV.
In fact,
> I should run the numbers on what I  would be spending if I got a
package to
> watch soccer on my computers and bought tickets to go SEE football
games I
> wanted to see in Charlotte. If I downgraded my cable package, I may
actually
> end up spending the same amount of money and would have more fun.
>
> Of course,  as I say all this, I ended up getting the Blade Runner
DVD for
> Christmas and have not watched it yet. Once I do,  I will probably
be taking
> all of this back.
>

> On 12/27/07 5:50 AM, "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>

> > We had one for a while, but all this cross continent moving has
changed
> > that.  So , I have the same dreams.  Hopefully, now that I am
getting
> > well and starting to work again, those dreams will become a
reality

DVDs or
> >> download them off the net...I dream nightly of owning a big
screen TV...

> >> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >> <mailto:tdlists%40multiculturaladvantage.com> > wrote:
Agreed. While
> >> I think you are a die hard movie goer, The big screen
Netflix

You can hav the

Battlestar
Babylon 5,