Lou Rawls was on my list too.  I think he still is.  got no desire to
see or hear him. I think over the past few years, there has been an
increase in the number of entertainers whose lives and opinions we have
been exposed  to.  Afterward we are bombarded with these views.  So, I
get disgusted, boycott them and over time, I sometimes find I can
separate. Seinfeld is an example of something i can not watch.  i don't
see ever getting over that one. I really don't have a desire to see
Uncle Jed and the family, but I notice now he does not upset me like he
did when I first tried watching it after hearing what he did.  I've seen
the Scifi movies of Charleton Heston we mentioned so many time, I do not
have a desire to watch, but again, I'm not driven away the way I used to
and I can again think of those movies affectionately.  Ironically, this
happened some time after he announced he had Alzheimer's.  It's like I
felt he was punished enough.  Not that he cares what I think

I'm not sure, but I think death, debilitating illness, or real hard
times allows me to sometimes reacquire my affection for characters,
shows, movies or the work of an asshole performer.

Then again, I'm going on 20 years with Woody Allen.  I did watch two of
his movies over the past few years and felt guilty both times.  I guess
I'm not a big enough fan, so I have not watched any Woody stuff since.
For a long time, I could not watch anything by John Wayne, now, if I
here a movie he did is good, I will sometimes check it out.  Clint
Eastwood has been accused for domestic abuse on numerous occasions.  I
love his work in front of and behind the camera.  Avoided him for a long
time.  Now I watch his stuff.  Maybe I can watch his stuff because I do
not hear about him kicking anyone's A** anymore.  There are so many
more.  These people in Hollywood often seem ethically challenged.

Maybe over the years, I have become ethically challenged as well.  Don't
know.