Hmmm...

  Fire ants. Wonder if I could write a script that gets Tommy-Boy lying in a
bed of one...

Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
          I lost the ability to stomache him when he began spouting his
knowledge of pharmacueticals, psychiatry and post partum depression.
That's when I relaized he was the typical ignorant white male
blowhard who thinks he's qualified to tell all other people how to
live. It sickened me to the point that I just couldn't stand to look
at him anymore. I've not seen a film he's made since then. He's less
of a boycott for me and more of just can't seperate his characters
from the actor issue.

Given his obvious penchant for the Chump Cracker Paternalistic
thought process, I'd rather lay in a bed of fire ants naked than
watch one of his flicks, even if they're great films.

Bosco
--- Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Ditto that on Tommy-Boy. Can't stand the man, from a personality
> standpoint and that Scientology thing (a dear friend of mine had a
> run-in with that bunch, and it left her scarred emotionally), but I
> have forced myself to watch a few of his movies ("Far and Away"
> this weekend, "Days of Thunder" the weekend before, "The Last
> Samurai" the weekend before), and all of his performances were
> top-flight. He's got chops. If he could only clam up and act, he'd
> be fine by my lights.
>
> Bosco Bosco <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I do that
> sometimes. In some cases when I disagree with an actor,
> director or a writer's opinions on something, I don't have a
> problem
> enjoying their work in spite of my differences of point of view,
> opinion etc.
>
> On the other hand when an actor, writer, or director's opinion's
> veer
> into actions or behavior I find objectionable, I sometimes feel the
> need to boycott their work. For me Heston is one of those people
> whom
> I can no longer watch because of how they have behaved. It's much
> like boycotting a product manufacturer. I frequently write the
> person, their studios, and agency and tell them. I don't think they
> care or pay attention but it seems silly to boycott and not at
> least
> inform the company, person etc.
>
> In some cases, like Tom Cruise, I just find the person so
> objectionable that I can't watch their work because their
> personality
> intrudes on the experience and ruins it for me.
>
> Bosco
> --- "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Too much work for me. I have just learned to separate the
> > characters
> > these people play from their characters. Otherwise, I'd be
> > avoiding
> > more than a quarter of what I watch. So I like uncle Jed and
> > Barnaby
> > Jones, but dislike Buddy Epson
> >
> > Martin wrote:
> > > Tracey, I'm not having that difficulty...
> > >
> > > "Tracey de Morsella (formerly Tracey L. Minor)"
> > <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: I was thinking
> > about Uncle Jed today. When I heard that, I was
> > > crushed. Same thing with him, try as I might, I can not hate
> him

> > intentions do horrible things--which i think is probably the
> > greater problem in humanity than that caused by truly "evil" men
> > doing evil things. I really don't believe the likes of Heston or
> > Stewart hate people; at least, not in the way a Klansman might
> hate
> > me. They honestly think their worldview is better for
> everyone--me
> > included. Again, it's the well-meaning people who rule us with
> > well-intentioned force that's the problem.

> > conservatives. Don't know if you knew this, but the lady who
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

I got friends who are in prison and Friends who are dead.
I'm gonna tell ya something that I've often said.

You know these things that happen,
That's just the way it's supposed to be.
And I can't help but wonder,
Don't ya know it coulda been me.

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.

"There is no reason Good can't triumph over Evil, if only angels will get
organized along the lines of the Mafia." -Kurt Vonnegut, "A Man Without A
Country"