Hey martin...check out Phase Dance by Pat Metheny...fits the theme too!

“I am me,” said the stranger, “and I work for the ones who pay my fee...and
that's not you." - The Side Street Chonicles by C.W. Badie

--- On Thu, 7/24/08, Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

From: Martin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: RE: [scifinoir2] Do We Need a Christopher Nolan Batman Trilogy?
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Thursday, July 24, 2008, 6:57 AM

(standing ovation)

&quot;My father said, &#39;When in doubt, castle.&quot;- Kurt
Vonnegut

--- On Wed, 7/23/08, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Wednesday, July 23, 2008, 10:54 PM

But that's my point, make the third film "smaller" in terms of
not
being as broad in scope, action, characters as the second. That would take it
back to being more like the first, which was basically Batman against Ra's
and, to a lesser extent, Scarecrow. The second film is amazing--phenomenal,
even, but it's a bigger picture and I think they should back down a bit and
do a really good film that traces Batman dealing with the woes left over from
the second pic. My point is that people always starting saying "how can
you top that?" which I think is a mistake. Just tell the best story
possible, and long as it maintains the quality standards set, whether it makes
more money or not than the second really shouldn't be the goal or the
concern.

From: "Tracey de Morsella" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I agree, it does not have to top the second, but I think it has to be as
good as the first, which was pretty awesome. Batman/Bruce Wayne as a
character is kind of dry, sarcastic and low key when not provoked. I
thought Bale gave a very nuanced performance. I think the Nolans are up to
it