You're missing a huge thing here. It was Hillary who said on the record that
she was the candidate of the hardworking, blue collar, Midwestern folks, who
everyone--everyone--knew to be "white" voters. It was Bill who reached back and
said "Well you know, Jesse Jackson won South Carolina too", and opened that
door of not-so-subtle racism. And I have to say, I don't see anyone teaching
Blacks that all our problems are due to racism, that we don't have to have
responsibility for ourselves. I'm successful by most standards, I've worked
hard to get where I am, my parents taught me to fight and scrap and improve
myself. But they also taught me that racism is real, and to fight it when I see
it. And it *does* still exist in this country.  Just as Blacks can't spend all
time blaming racism, we'd be incautious to pretend it doesn't exist.

As for Obama going after whites and telling them to get their act together, i
can't really speak to that yet. I know he's angered many by his lecturing Black
men to get it together, by not addressing racism overtly (something which has
apparently alienated Tavis Smiley). I'm not yet sure where I stand on this. I
know that he can't obtain the White House speaking the way you and I do. It
sucks, but if this stupid nation is still questioning Michelle because she made
the completely understandable statement that she was really proud of America,
if they deem not wearing a flag pin a sign of treason, then I think they'd
never put a Black man in office who tells it fully like it is. It makes me
somewhat ill to even say this, but he does have to walk a fine line here. Has
he gone too far? I don't know, not sure, but I'm willing to give him a chance.
I'd rather have a careful Black man like Obama who at least *acknowledges* that
America is racist, than a sellout like Clarence Thomas who pr
etends it isn't, or a clueless codger like McCain who has about as much in
common with me and my life as I do with a ant.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In a message dated 8/27/2008 7:39:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL