Well, you're entitled to that opinion for sure. Speaking as a liberal, I'm
heartened by a return to more liberal thinking. If it means we can look at
people as people, instead of using sexual orientation and ethnicity as scare
tactics, I'm all for it. If we can respect anyone whether they're Christian,
Muslim, Jew, or atheist, then color me liberal. If we can return to a world
where we talk with other nations and make decisions with them rather than try
to push them around, then sign me up. If we can use thoughtful consideration
rather than charging in with guns blazing, then sing hallelujah. If we can
bring back to reality the moral Judeo-Christian points conservatives noise
about, but then ignore--the rights to privacy, respect of all races and
religions, loving and helping the less fortunate--then by all means, liberalism
come back!

And I get that just throwing a Black face in office isn't in and of itself
enough. After all, two of the worst, most destructive people in recent
history--Clarence Thomas and Condie Rice-are Black. But symbols are
powerful.Taking a step is powerful. Opening a door is powerful. And putting a
man --or woman, someday--of color in the highest office in the land is a
powerful symbol. It will change us in ways we don't even comprehend right now.
It won't be the Second Coming, but it will move us forward as a nation, a
people, if only a little bit.  Just as you and I benefited from our parents and
grandparents being the first on a job, the first in a neighborhood, the first
in a church, the first to vote, then we'll all benefit from the right man being
the first to take the leadership of this country.

In my humble opinion.

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
In a message dated 8/27/2008 7:21:13 PM Eastern Standard Time, [EMAIL