From: Kelwyn <ravena...@yahoo.com>
Subject: [scifinoir2] Tank Girl
To: scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com
Date: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 6:46 PM

      I just finished watching all of "Tank Girl" (1995), something I had
somehow managed not to do before, and it remains bizarrely inspired and insane,
making no sense whatsoever and fully justifying its $4 million in total box
office (on a budget of $25 million).

One would be left wondering "what were they thinking?" but "they" are more than
willing to tell you:

The strip features various elements with origins in surrealist techniques,
fanzines, collage, cut-up technique, stream of consciousness, and metafiction,
with very little regard or interest for conventional plot or committed
narrative. In fact, writer Alan Martin described his attitude to plot in the
third strip anthology as such:

"Never start with a clear idea of storyline. Instead, commence blindly, with a
vague notion of trying to include a reference to your favourite band, gift
shop, or chocolate bar."

Mission accomplished.

~(no)rave!