What is interesting is that Hefner "stole" the original iconic format for
Playboy magazine from his previous employer, Esquire Magazine, and  put a
centerfold in the middle of it.  Playboy is currently a horrible mishmash of
classic Playboy and Maxim.  Esquire, after many reformats - some successful and
some not, is now a very vibrant magazine, young and jazzy and full of attitude
and ad pages.  If I were running Playboy Magazine, I would steal Esquire's
current format and stick a centerfold in the middle.

By the by, Christie Hefner, 57, stepped down as CEO in January 2009.

~rave!