In article <002301c0337a$88261e00$f59af7a5@celiawright>,
   Celia Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Who owns the painting? If it's in a museum they're likely to sell prints
> through their shop, or to know where prints are sold.

Alas, I went into the museum and their shop, to be told that they've never
had a print of it for sale. They ventured that perhaps it's owned by
someone else and on 'permanent loan' to the museum, but not the copyright.
However, Alastair Hardie managed to obtain permission and a decent photo
of it, so it must be possible. I'll paint you a copy at a reasonable price
(thousands of pounds). Or someone with a scanner could scan it (from The
Caledonian Companion) and make a photo print of it.

--
Nigel Gatherer, Crieff  <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
The Scottish Music Pages: