> Anyone else have a solo horror story?

A couple- an exploding bow, when the wee wooden wedge up the top end must have
come out, and the hair just seemed to fly everywhere.  (That was in a final
run-through before a telly broadcast.
And a tailpiece loop that snapped once, which was spectacular because the
whole thing shot off through the air catapulted by the tension in the strings.

I look after my instruments a bit better these days  :)

Not quite a horror story, but I did play in a santa suit once, complete with
white gloves, which looked great.  Then there was the gypsy outfit...  made a
few bob out of that.

Derek