I seems your computer is behind a proxy. get this download
http://cloud.github.com/downloads/kthakore/SDL_perl/sdldeps-aug29.zip and
place it in C:/strawberry (not C:/)  and run Alien and SDL perl build again.
If not extract the deps your self and remove the Alien-SDL dependency from
Build.PL in SDL perl.

> So, I have been trying every now and then to collect the deps required to
> build an older version of SDL-Perl, 1.20.3
>
> I was able to build SDL once, back in 2006. Even got a 3D engine working
> http://floyd.atc.no/Programming/Perl/Offworld/screenshots/
> At one time I tried to upgrade, the build failed and I was never able to
> get
> it working again.
>

> > > Until these hurdles are solved, the number of people both willing
> > > and able to
> > > TEST SDL-Perl on Windows will remain stable at near zero, and the
> > > irregular
> > > attempts to resurrect the project are almost guaranteed to fail.
> > Thanks for the vote of confidence.
>
> I did not mean to offend anyone.

No worries I am a big boy, I can understand that the module sucks right now.
Hope its gets better though.

> I realize that this is not actually a
> SDL-Perl problem but rather a fundamental issue with SDL itself. The most
> obvious solution would be to make the dependencies available for download
> directly from sdl.perl.org

Good Idea, I will do that.