I will agree with you whole heartedly about Limp Bizkit.  But that's it.  If you want something good, you'll listen to Tool... Maynard was quoted as saying that most music sucks today, so he agrees with you.  But he also appears on the new deftones album, so they must have some vision only Maynard and their millions of fans can grasp.  Remember when rock n' roll first came out, it was the alternative to the pop scene of the 50's.  Then, it caught on, and everyone was doing it, and who did they have for influences besides the early pioneers?  Likewise today's "alternative".  It has become the mainstream, and everyone's doing it.  Who are their influences?  The great bands of the early - mid 90's that we all love.  Of course they're going to sound like them.  For example, Godsmack.  Alice in Chains got knocked up by Metallica, and what an ugly child it is.  But, the people buying the most records these days are too young to have spent long hours listening to Facelift or Master of Puppets, and they don't realize it's a poor facsimile of some really great innovative music.

I think that the guy who mentioned listening to SDRE in his room has it right.  I only listen to them when I'm alone.  It's not a social feeling that I get when listening to their music.  It hits inside, and I need to be aware of it to appreciate it.  I think that says a lot about the deepness and intelligence of their music, and sadly, is why their music will never appeal to the masses.  People want brainless, "popular", noise that will provide a background for their brainless, popularity-based socializing.  Unfortunately for people like us, they get it 24/7 on MTV and radio.

Jason

np: Ours - Distorted Lullabyes

Death and Taxes
            ----