I have a Q for everyone, but let's preface it with a scenario in order to explain it
better.

I live in an apartment community of townhouses. After 30 years of neglected upkeep,
the newly purchased community is to undergo a multi million dollar renovation. Yep, my
rent will go up proportionately, but that's not the issue.  They claim they have the
right to be in my townhouse for this remodeling, (regardless of whether I am home or
not), to rip out the existing kitchen, baths and all the floors.  I told them I did
not want them in my home while I was not there, and they would have to schedule their
remodeling around MY schedule.  They are obviously angry.  What rights can I assert to
keep these strangers out of my home while I am not there to supervise their work?  I
have too many valuables, and I'm "this" close to changing the locks!

I am seeking some Virginia renter's rights urls.

K. Bryan