Hi,

I had a hack session with Benoit today and the sentence "this would break
Spring" came many times along the day.

As I'm less active on James than I used to be, I must admin I have no idea how
popular the Spring version of James is nowadays.

However, what strikes me when I hack on James is how the size of the project
and its legacy makes it so slow to make progress.

We did some deprecation and removal in the past but we have been conservative
about that.

I would like to argue that being conservative to preserve existing users may
actually prevents from attracting new ones. Moreover, it probably also prevents
new developers to involve as they are quickly overwhelmed.

So, what would you think about removing more aggressively features and modules,
starting with the Spring support?

Cheers,

-- Matthieu Baechler